Are you embarrassed by your crooked smile? Or perhaps you battle periodontal disease as a result of crowded teeth that are difficult to clean. Braces are the obvious choice to correcting misaligned teeth at any age. However, if you are an adult who needs orthodontics, the thought of wearing metal brackets and bands to your next business meeting may seem less than appealing. Fortunately, there is good news for adults who want to be confident during orthodontic treatment. Invisalign® clear braces are the treatment of choice by many adults who want to correct their smile, whether it is for cosmetic reasons or to maintain a healthier, more functional smile. Invisalign® patients enjoy these highlighted advantages over conventional metal braces:
- This tends to be the most popular benefit of choosing Invisalign® over metal braces. While traditional braces fill your smile with unattractive chunks of bulging metal, Invisalign® uses a hardly noticeable clear aligner tray that fits smoothly onto your tooth surface.
- These clear braces are removable at any time. You will be allowed to eat the foods you love without the worry of food debris getting stuck in your metal braces. In addition, since you can easily remove this orthodontic appliance, it makes brushing and flossing more efficient and easier than traditional braces.
- The smooth clear aligners of Invisalign® are significantly more comfortable to wear.. Metal braces have protruding bits of rough metal and wire that often scratches the inside of the mouth, gums or lips. Furthermore, metal braces are often tightened significantly throughout treatment and can cause pain and soreness. Clear braces are more comfortable and eliminate the risk of demineralization or decay that braces can leave behind.
- Quicker Results
- Invisalign® is faster. Patients who wear metal braces might endure treatment for up to 5 years. However, these clear braces typically produce the results you hope for in as little as 12 to 18 months.
- As adults, we want a treatment plan that does not include surprises. With Invisalign®, patients are involved in a treatment plan that is completely computerized and measured out. You will be asked to wear a series of clear aligner trays every two weeks to gently adjust your smile. The measurements are so precise that you should know exactly how long your braces treatment will last before you even start wearing them.
If you are dreaming of a straight, beautiful smile, you can start your countdown today. Group Health Dental is a proud provider of Invisalign®. It is never too late to get the smile you deserve. Invisalign® can deliver attractive smiles to adults without the embarrassment and discomfort of traditional braces.
Posted on behalf of Group Health Dental