Do you want the benefits of a straighter smile without the process of metal brackets and wires? That’s a primary reason why many adults are choosing Invisalign technology. Invisalign is considered the clear braces solution of choice. It is the perfect option for adults, as this orthodontic process is not only effective, but convenient, fast and virtually undetectable to others. Here are some common questions that surround the breakthrough technology of Invisalign:
- How does it work?
- The Invisalign System combines advanced 3-D computer graphics technology with 100-year-old science of orthodontics. Invisalign uses a series of clear aligners to gradually to move your teeth to the desired final position. Each aligner is precisely measured and custom made. You may have as few as 12 or as many as 48 sequenced aligners during your treatment, wearing each aligner for about two weeks at a time.
- How often should the aligners be worn?
- Patients need to wear them up to 22 hours a day. However, you can remove them (easily) for eating and drinking.
- Will Invisalign aligners affect my speech?
- Most patients adapt quickly to the aligners. As with all orthodontic appliances, there may be short adjustment period until you get used to speaking with them.
- How do I clean my aligners?
- A toothbrush and toothpaste is all you will need to keep them refreshed.
- Can a person smoke or chew gum while wearing the aligners?
- It is discouraged. Your chewing gum can stick to the aligners and cigarette smoke will begin to discolor them.
- How long can I expect Invisalign treatment to take?
- Depending on your specific case, it could range from 6 to 18 months.
- Is Invisalign only for adults?
- No. Many teenagers are taking advantage of this revolutionary technology. As long as their teeth (including second molars) have grown in, ask about Invisalign Teen for your child.
A full service dentistry office, such as Group Health Dental, can offer both your preventative and restorative dental care as well as orthodontic treatment to not only keep your smile healthy, but attractive as well. If you are interested in the most discreet, convenient way to straighten your smile, ask about the Invisalign System.
Posted on behalf of Group Health Dental
230 W 41st St, Second Floor
New York, NY 10036
Phone: (212) 398-9690